Asus P4V800-X & SATA HDD XP Pro Install Problem

Giggle n' Bits 15:24 02 Jan 08

Firstly, win xp Pro crashed and was not bootable just got past the strobe screen and stuck. Ok, so gone to clean install XP Pro on its single SATA Seagate HDD and gets to install XP Pro option but not to the F8 to accept licence aggreement and say no HDD Found.

In Dos it does show the HDD, have tried different boot options but still no luck. From what I remember I dont have to install a SATA Driver on the F6 boot comand as its a Intel CPU.

Will try another SATA HDD for piece of mind but could someone suggest any other things to check please.

skidzy 15:32 02 Jan 08

I thought you had to load the sata drivers first ? though of course i maybe wrong.

RobCharles1981 15:36 02 Jan 08

Skidz I have Sata 2 and I don't need to load any drivers.

Chips:

Try another Sata Cable and try another Sata Power Cable as well.

So far thats all I can think of.

Giggle n' Bits 18:57 02 Jan 08

Back in workshop & hopefully in for the night, will try new cables and new SATA HDD. On Asus website I didn't notice any SATA F6 drivers for this mb. their again, the site was running bad earlier so I will try and look again in a few hours.

skidzy 19:14 02 Jan 08

Maybe this can help click here

Giggle n' Bits 19:36 02 Jan 08

Just been downloading this from Asus website. Now its creating the F6 Floppy disk which is always a great bit of fun.

Bit naffed really as I am in IT as a systems builder and never had a problem with this model board. Could have sworn it was a intel chipset but ita the VIA PT880 which is why the SATA driver is required. Not out of the woods just yet. Will post back in the hour to let you know if it works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5