Asus P4R800-VM Motherboard Boot Problem

Giggle n' Bits 00:54 07 Aug 05

Ok, finished my new built pc got to power it on and strange thing happens.

So, power on and the monitor goes into Standby orange & I notice the HDD light on case flickers like mad.

But if I tap a key on my Keyboard the thing will boot fine. So far manage to format HDD and install me new XP Home, oh and configured the BIOS - mainly time, Drives & set AGP to be primary boot.

Any help or clues welcome but may not be back to view replies until later sunday.

Forum Editor 08:59 07 Aug 05

That's not right. Go back into the BIOS and set your Boot sequence as:

1st boot = HDD

2nd boot = CD ROM

3rd boot = Floppy

Giggle n' Bits 13:04 07 Aug 05

Been a long time since we spoke !

AGP is primary boot, BIOS upgraded fine but will now try your HDD, CDR, FDD Boot sequence.

I have noticed that if I tap a key the thing boots. Also notice the Motherboard Manual shows jumpers that doesn't exhist on the board. They use too on another board of same model I used about 6 months ago.

One jumper that is missing is the PWR Keyboard on/off which is no longer on the boards PCB. Wonder if its a faulty manufacturer in the board.

Will let you know soon when I have tried the Forum Editors suggestion.

Thank U FE for your call !

Giggle n' Bits 13:38 07 Aug 05

After clearing the CMOS and getting into the BIOS the Drives are no long detected and the only boot device is FDD no HDD or CD ROM I also tried another HDD spare and CDR with no fun.

Its a change of Motherboard.

thanks again to the FE, I didn't get the opportunity to try the boot options suggestion as above.

dan11 13:40 07 Aug 05

When you say " set AGP to be primary boot "

Do you mean the " Init. graphics Adapter Priority pci/agp or agp/pci"

Are you using the on-board graphics or a 8 X graphics card. If you are using a separate card, have you got " UMA frame buffer size." Set to none.

Yes the
KBPWR1 jumper, would have been top of the list to check, but if it is not there, check. power-APM-resume on keyboard in the bios, is it set to disabled?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…