Asus P4P800S-X SATA Drivers - Where are they?

Giggle n' Bits 00:44 12 Dec 06

time has come to replace HDD but need the SATA Drivers for this motherboard which is a Intel Chipset. Motherboard driver CD doesn't have the SATA driver and its not on the Asus uk website for download it use to be but its not there now.

Anyone point me towards the SATA F6 install driver for XP Home please. I will have a look on other region ASUS website while waiting for any help. Cheers in advance

Totally-braindead 00:52 12 Dec 06

Are you sure its not on the disk. I have an ASUS mb a different one from you admitadly but the drivers on it. Are you sure you actually need a driver is it not perhaps part of the chipset drivers.

Totally-braindead 00:54 12 Dec 06

I rebuilt a ASROCK based PC earlier this year and you only needed to load the driver if you used Win98, XP loaded its own driver. Thats what I was thinking when I posted.

Totally-braindead 01:01 12 Dec 06

See page 2-14 of your manual for further advice.

Giggle n' Bits 11:03 12 Dec 06

y sata driver ? does this happen when its a Intel chipset reason I ask is when I have done AMD systems they always require a SATA driver on the F6 xp install. interested in this.

Totally-braindead 18:09 12 Dec 06

The ASROCK system I rebuilt was based on a socket A CPU. Thats AMD so it must be a common enough thing and not just for Intel.
I think its because the SATA instructions are actually built into a chip on the motherboard ie they are hardwired and therefore don't need the software driver. I don't know if this is the case but it seems to be a reasonable assumption.

Giggle n' Bits 21:09 12 Dec 06

Seems possible maybe in the chipset like you say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced