asus p4g8x bios update error

acemark 00:10 11 Jul 03

Hi folks, I'm trying to update the bios on my system but it won't have it :-( I downloaded the file 1006g.zip from asus' website, and followed their instructions to the letter, but I keep getting an error message: "Warning this bios does not match on board". So, I have to abort it. Anyone know why it won't work? I have version 1003 on my system and am having problems which I havn't been able to sort any other way so I reckon I need to do this update. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Chegs ® 01:56 11 Jul 03

Check you haven't got some sort of lock in place(jumper?)or another setting elsewhere in the BIOS,other than that I don't know.

acemark 10:25 11 Jul 03

Thanks Chegs, it's possible I suppose, But I wouldn't know where to look. I e-mailed asus and asked them why their ez update (thats a joke) won't work, have not had a reply yet.

DieSse 10:34 11 Jul 03

1006g.zip states it's to add support for more CPU types - is this the problem you have? If it isn't then I would have thought it's unlikely to help you.

What problems are you haveing?

acemark 23:17 11 Jul 03

I've managed to update the bios via a utility on the mobo cd rom, it was actually quite easy funnily enough. I'm getting lock ups when game playing and have updated everything else on my system to no effect. I even swapped around most of my cards ( with my old pc ) but still get the problem. I upgraded my power supply. I think there's some kind of incompatability SOMEWHERE, but I'm damned if I can find it, it's been months of trying this that and the other all to no avail. My system consists of: asus p4g8x deluxe, p4 3.06 cpu, Hercules Prophet 9800 pro, Audigy 2 platinum, 1 gig ddr ram, 4 extra case fans,Windows xp home, 550watt psu, 60 gig hdd. It's the dogs bits, when it works.
Anyway, thanks for responding.

acemark 13:37 17 Jul 03

I sorted it myself with a program from the Asus disc :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…