Asus P4C800-E motherboard USB2 problem!

Dave-199329 15:23 25 May 04

Hi All,
Can anyone help with a problem I am having with my P4C800-E deluxe motherboard. This board is supposed to support USB2 but when I plug in a USB2 device to any port I get a message saying that the device I am using is plugged into a non HI-speed USB hub. The first thing I checked was my USB config settings in the Bios menu and USB2 is enabled and USB full speed was selected. I changed this full speed setting to the HI-speed option, rebooted and when I now plug a USB2 device into any port the previous message does not appear but I cannot find my drives when I open up "My computer". They have disappeared and therefore I am unable to open them up. I have reverted back to the original setting in the bios to enable me to read my USB2 drives albeit at USB1 speed. Any ideas would be welcome as I have not had a good response from the Asus people. All they asked me was to ensure my version of Windows XP was patched and up to date. (which it is).
Regards,
Dave

hugh-265156 16:38 25 May 04

click here maybe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…