asus motherboards & ati graphcs cards

robert01 20:25 07 Jun 05

I am about to buy a Radeon 9600xt graphics card but have read that they can cause major problems if you have an Asus motherboard. Mine is an Asus A7V333, AGP 4X, VIA KT333 Chipset - has anyone else had trouble with this sort of setup ?

aca 22:39 07 Jun 05

robert01

I have 9800 pro working on Asus mobo-A7VX-X. I did have problems(BSOD and AGP 8X issues) intially when getting both to work together. Tried the works, clean install Win2000,replaced card,checked RAM, Drivers, 4in1s etc etc etc.
In the end went through Via forums. They provide the chipsets KT333 and KT400(which is on mine) there is def a theme of problems with Via chipsets and ATI cards. The support from ATI not great, in the end I found that the way I solved the problems was updating Bios. I had been reluctant to do this but now card and mobo working good.

I understand that there all the 9xxx ATI cards do have issues with Via chipsets (those up to KT400)I would suggest that you do some further research and await for forum members here more knowledgeable than me for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…