ASUS motherboard

WILJO 15:48 PM 23 Mar 13

I have just installed an Asus M5A 78L-M motherboard and cannot get any audio output. I've reinstalled the VIA HD drivers to no avail. any help appreciated

Chronos the 2nd 16:32 PM 23 Mar 13

Did you use the disk that came with the mobo to install all the chipset drivers?

Does the small icon (speaker) show in the lower right hand corner of your monitor?

WILJO 16:37 PM 23 Mar 13

Yes to both

Chronos the 2nd 16:46 PM 23 Mar 13

Well that was helpful, can you perhaps elaborate. Particularly with the speaker icon have you tried the various options in there? That your speakers are selected, that you have not inadvertently muted them. What else have you tried?

Ian in Northampton 16:48 PM 23 Mar 13

Way back when, for reasons I never understood, audio relied on the modem - yes, modem - drivers to be installed...

WILJO 17:41 PM 25 Mar 13

Sorry for the delay replying. I am running Win 7 64bit. I have used the VIA HD audio deck to check the settings and all appears to be ok. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers from the mobo installation disk again, but no luck. I have a CiT vantage midi mesh case with hd audio. Is it likely I may have to use a sound card?

daxian 17:48 PM 25 Mar 13

check bios ...is onboard sound enabled ????

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites