Asus Mobos

poogles_uk 07:58 01 Aug 03

Hi, is the A7N8x-x or -d better, the only thing i can see better on the -x is the better sound system. Is this correct? And i know its got a faster north and south bridge.

Sam

poogles_uk 06:40 02 Aug 03

Anyone know?

Bodi 09:12 02 Aug 03

Well having just bought and installed one - been struggling with this since Wednesday morning - I honestly can't say I find any difference between the speeds of this board and my Asus A7V266E.

I did attempt to install the onboard sound which seemed to attract umpteen other additions - about seven in all - (Microsoft streaming, and goodness knows what else) which prompted a Windows protection error. - This was with a new Asus Graphics card - which could have contributed to my problems.

Others might be able to advise you better.

Bodi

If you are looking for the "Best" A7N8X board then pend a little extra and go for the Deluxe "Gold" version. (Make sure its Rev.2.0).

It has all the bells and whistles that you can imagine and highly regarded.

As to the others boards, I am afraid I cant help!

click here

Bodi 09:17 02 Aug 03

That's the one I've just bought - and "all the bells and whistles that you can imagine" are driving me crackers! lol

Bodi

poogles_uk 21:24 02 Aug 03

I can get an a7n8x-d Rev 2.0 from my local supplier CCL for 95.

Is that the gold version for the link? How much is delivery from Komplett, whats the difference between gold and normal deluxe?

Giggle n' Bits 21:47 02 Aug 03

This has a slighlty better tweaking option in BIOS and more stabilty.

Ref the Asus AGP Card, they can be a pain at times its not a MB Problem. Also out of the Box if buying a A7V8X-X the board can support a 2.2GHZ straight away and the Bios update software is excelllent to get the BIOS to support CPU's up to 3GHz. I actually did this with hassle free sucess.

If you don't need Seriel ATA then the Deluxe is pointless.

A7V8XM is with onboard VGA.

Alternate is MSI KT4 Ultra.

poogles_uk 22:00 02 Aug 03

Is the link smiffy gave for the gold version of Komplett. click here
The A7N8X is better and the -d even better still.

poogles_uk 06:24 03 Aug 03

I thought the only extras on the gold is a couple of programs?

I dont want onboard VGA.

I may use serial ata later, as may i need to network ports.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…