asus mobo

audigy 15:31 08 Jun 06

hi
this may sound very vey silly
may not even be worth mentionong
if anyone recently purchased the asus a8v or deluxe,can u tell me what color the ide cables they provide and if their logo is printed on them,my asus a8v came with the screws to fit the mobo missing and the cable they provided i believe arwe not the ones asus provides?

Diemmess 15:47 08 Jun 06

This reply may be of little help....but

On the few occasions that I have bought a lone motherboard I received only the mobo plus a CD and a manual.

If an IDE cable came as an offering, then I would be happy to receive that too.

The ide cables are usually someone elses manufacture and provided it is an 80 wire cable for the HD, the maker shouldn't matter.

The mounting screw sets usually come with a new case, not as part of the mobo kit.

ed-0 16:13 08 Jun 06

The last asus A8 I got came with 2 IDE's and a floppy. Also a SATA. I think the ide's were blue and the floppy black. But they had ASUS written on them. Of course the IDE's were 80 wire 40 pin jobs.

Can't check off hand, as I built the system for a friend.

audigy 23:22 09 Jun 06

with asus a8v and deluxe the cables come as standard,not sure about the mounting screws,maybe i just got paranoid.

woodchip 23:24 09 Jun 06

All ECS boards and others over the past have had cables supplied

ed-0 23:35 09 Jun 06

has mentioned.

The motherboard screws always come with the case.

User-312386 08:13 10 Jun 06

My last asus board, just before x-mas came with mounting screws and grey IDE cables, which had the asus logo on them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…