Asus M6 screen blanking after five mins.

m800afc 16:33 02 Jul 09

Win XP Pro SP3
My Asus M6 Laptop has not been used for six days. Today I started using it and all loaded and started correctly. After about five mins The screen went very dark. There is a very faint ghost of a desktop, but nothing usable. The power settings are set to never turn anything off.
I have re-read the manual and there is nothing regarding this, and pressing the appropriate keys to bring it out of hibernation or standby have no effect.
If I shutdown the machine by pessing and holding start button, it shuts down normally. It will then restart normally, but after five minutes the screen will darken again, and so on.
What can be causing this , and how do I correct the problem.
I'm a little anxious because I am due to give a presentation with it in a couple of hours.

Graphicool1 17:18 02 Jul 09

From woodchip
Mon, [email protected]:03

Before you start replacing things. Look for the fn key and one with a Sun on it This may bring the brightness up. As you can turn it up and down using the fn and one of they keys that should be at the top of keyboard fn may be bottom left of keyboard

Also check display as not gone into Power Save Mode. This will be in Control Panel under Power or Display

m800afc 11:21 03 Jul 09

I have solved the problem using Paragon Rescue Kit 9.0 Express.
I am still a little concerned about what caused the problem in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now