Asus K8V-SE Deluxe and Kingston 1GB 400MHz DDR

Benzo 16:29 01 Nov 04

are there any known compatibility issues with Asus K8V-SE Deluxe and Kingston 1GB 400MHz DDR or anyone who has personal experience, anyone like to compliment any of these products or give any tips?
i am thinking of purchasing them and i want to make sure that there are no probs with them, also the AMD (Newcastle) Athlon 64bit 3200+ 754pin 512 L2cache, i am thinking of purchasing that, anyone want to help?

Benzo Ferrari

keith-236785 16:45 01 Nov 04

memory will be ok, i use kingston value ram (lifetime guarantee)

proc should be ok (just be careful not to touch the die of the proc)

just one thing to remember about asus boards, they always ship with the clear cmos set (jumper on mobo), also as most other boards, minimum FSB will be set, change to 200FSB for 400 mhz memory

i dont have any experience with this board so cant comment. but i dont have much faith in asus since i had a dead one (maybe i was unlucky)

hope it all works out ok for you, sounds like its going to be an impressive setup

bremner 19:26 01 Nov 04

I have always bought Asus and to date (wood touching as I type) have never had a dead 'un.

I have this particular board and installed two 512MB Crucial 400Mhz modules with no problem.

The bios correctly recognised the FSB as 200 and I had no need to make any manual changes.

One thing to check is what slots you install the modules in. Get it wrong and the FSB will automatically be reduced. (Page 2.12 of the manual refers.

Benzo 19:39 01 Nov 04

thanks for the advise, im gonna hopefully upgrade at christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…