Asus Eee PC701

Trikie 13:37 01 Nov 07

My daughter wants a cheap laptop for 10 year old granddaughter as her older brothers monoplise the family PC. She has seen reviews of this Asus and asked my opinion of it.(She thinks I know more about computers than I really do)

I can't find anywhere that it is being sold and assume it has not yet reached the shops, so no user feedback available.

Are there likely to be any problems with the unusual setup?

I am Spartacus 19:58 01 Nov 07

I'm probably going to get one so if I do I'll post a review.

I was almost certainly going to get one until I found that it doesn't have the OpenOffice database installed (my main reason for getting it). Providing I can get a simple flatfile database for it then I'll get it.

wjrt 20:18 01 Nov 07

click here
seems to have open office installed

I am Spartacus 20:40 01 Nov 07

Although it has OpenOffice installed it only seems to be Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations. The reviews don't mention the database.

If someone produced a database as excellent as Psion Data I'd buy it like a shot. Probably the best flatfile database ever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…