Asus Eee

AlexPB 14:55 08 Apr 08

Hi,

Im looking at purchasing one of the Asus Eee laptops. Has anybody on here ever used one or got any opinions/advice of them.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 08 Apr 08

I've had one for about two months now and really like it. I use it for taking notes at meetings, web-browsing when out and about (Wetherspoons pubs have free wi-fi and don't mind you having a coffee for an hour!), updating my website when away from home and sorting out email.

It is great as long as you accept it for what it is - a cheap, very portable laptop with some drawbacks: most notably the small screen and keyboard, both of which take time to get used to.

I use it with the default Linux installation although have been tempted to install Win2k so that I can use it to sync with Outlook.

click here for a good user forum.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

dth 21:34 08 Apr 08

Another vote here.

Bought one 2 weeks ago and since then my jazzy laptop with vista has been gathering dust.

peter99co 21:43 08 Apr 08

Where from please,and was the price reasonable?

How many gig please

Diodorus Siculus 00:09 09 Apr 08

I got mine in PCWorld having looked on line for a long time; in the end I saw that they were in stock in a branch in South London so I reserved it via collect at store and went to pick it up. It cost £219 I think - maybe £229.

Diodorus Siculus 00:09 09 Apr 08

By the way, it's the 4GB 701 in black.

rossgolf 00:14 09 Apr 08

even the FE has one :D

woodchip 00:16 09 Apr 08

Thought you could use them any where, not just hot spots. thought they worked on the mobile network

Diodorus Siculus 00:18 09 Apr 08

"Thought you could use them any where, not just hot
spots. thought they worked on the mobile network"

No, they work via wi-fi.

woodchip 09:45 09 Apr 08

Not mush point then other than they are smaller than Laptop. But less funtions, McDonalds I think now are Free Hot Spots

woodchip 09:52 09 Apr 08

Which one is it where you pay about £20 a year and connect free about 10gig a month download.

A pocket PC round the £200 Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017