//some 3rd party need geo

Asus CUSL2 Mobo Boot Problem

siphax 14:59 03 Dec 03

Hello All... I have a Pentium III (933MHz) machine with an Asus CUSL2 m/board which is a little over two years old. When I attempt to boot up, the system goes into the BIOS startup menu (advanced tab) and informs me that; 'as I have installed a new CPU' (I haven't done anything, this message just started to appear at every boot attempt since about 10 days ago!) the system starts in safe-mode at a clock speed of 66MHz, and prompts me to set the CPU internal frequency as appropriate. The date and time reset themselves to: 1st Jan 2000, and 00.00hrs. This happens every time I boot from cold even after correctly setting the date/time. There is no problem if I simply select: Shut Down, Restart all loads correctly. Can anyone kindly suggest a cause and possibly a solution? I would be most grateful for any help here.

sil_ver 15:00 03 Dec 03

CMOS battery probably needs changing

siphax 20:21 03 Dec 03

Yes, good thought! I'll give it a go, Thanks for that!!

siphax 20:19 14 Dec 03

Thanks very much for your kind help... The new cmos cell was a complete success!

By the way, <click here> were quick, helpful, and cost effective... recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…