//some 3rd party need geo

Asus CRW-5224A or Nero?

JackMC 12:29 17 Feb 03

The computer is built with MSI KT4 motherboard,Athlon2100,512Mb DDR,two Maxtor 60GB hard drives,Asus 52x CD and a 52x52x24 Asus CDRW with an XP operating system. It works with no problems except the CDRW, with Nero, fails after anywhere between 50 - 70% completion. This is in all modes and at all speeds. The only meaningful thing to me in the error log is the two words 'Communication Failure'. It seems to work OK with XP. The CD and CDRW are on IDE2 as master and slave respectively. I have checked the bios settings and device settings aginst an identical set-up except the CDRW is a LiteOn 48x12x48. I am totally perplexed.

eccomputers 14:45 17 Feb 03

what version is your nero?

beastieboy 14:51 17 Feb 03

Make sure cd writer is connected properly, un-install nero and install latest version... for copying CD's, i suggest Clone CD though.

Janusz

toxin 20:07 17 Feb 03

Recently bought an Asus 5224, installed as a slave to HD, wouldn't work, spent a week trying to figure out why, eventually went to my local computer shop, they tested it and coukdn't make it work even whem installed on other machines, they fitted a benq 4816 and everything is fine, working perfectly with nero 5.5 and inCD!

toxin 20:07 17 Feb 03

Recently bought an Asus 5224, installed as a slave to HD, wouldn't work, spent a week trying to figure out why, eventually went to my local computer shop, they tested it and coukdn't make it work even whem installed on other machines, they fitted a benq 4816 and everything is fine, working perfectly with nero 5.5 and inCD!

JackMC 10:00 18 Feb 03

Noted advice and tried a download of Nero instead of the bundled copy which alledgedly was the same compile. As far as I can tell it now works OK. I have no response to e-mail from either Nero or Asus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…