ASUS computer not charging and now not turning on.

jokhman 22:49 27 Feb 15

I have a ASUS x401a and over like the past 2 months it would not charge properly. The only way i could charge it was by putting it in some kind of random position (different every time) so that my little red light would turn on. My charger is giving off voltage so i don't think its broken. Also i decided to take the battery out and see if it would work but it shut down randomly(Black screen no power) so i guess the battery is not the problem either.Now like 1 week ago the computer will not turn on at all and wont charge at all either. ASUS support does not help at all for me and i'm asking if anyone here knows how to fix this please I NEED HELP!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:54 27 Feb 15

sounds as if the DC jack socket is broken or loose on the motherboard

click here

onthelimit1 08:41 28 Feb 15

Almost certainly the DC socket. They are soldered to a circuit board, and very tricky to replace (I've done a few, and de-soldering and removing from the cct boardis not for the faint hearted). You may be able to source the circuit board from ebay, which make replacement simple. This example is from the USA, which may be the route you have to go down.

jokhman 21:19 28 Feb 15

Thanks guys i was just wondering what was wrong i have some soldering tools so is it better for me to re-solder the thing or just buy a new one?(video was really helpful) or is the whole thing itself broken?

wee eddie 21:49 28 Feb 15

You'll need a steady stream hand but you can't lose. If it doesn't work you've lost nothing

onthelimit1 08:55 01 Mar 15

If no component actually broken, resoldering with a fine pointed iron may do the trick (the wiggling that occurs when plugged in can break the solder connection).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac