Asus Caps Lock

vassos 18:55 05 Apr 11
Answered

My Asus Eee PC has developed aan annoying fault. The Caps Lock has become totally random and will not respond to anything. In typing out a series of letters, they can be upper or lower case. Consequently I am unable to gain access to anything requiring a case sensitive password etc. This happened absolutely without warning and I feel I may have accidentally pressed some key which has created this monster. Ant ideas pls?

northumbria61 19:54 05 Apr 11

I think one of your "Shift" keys is stuck - either physically or electrically. Simplest answer would be to replace the keyboard which is a fairly cheap option.

But try this first - Power down, unplug it, turn it upside down and bang it on the desk a few times to dislodge the accumulated crud from under the keys. Just remember to disinfect the desktop after. The average toilet seat is cleaner than most keyboards.

vassos 20:54 05 Apr 11

Interesting process which I somewhat reluctantly carried out without any change in the problem. I have also removed a couple of the key pads and ascertained that the internal bits of the caps lock key are as they should be. It is now only printing lower case!!

northumbria61 22:47 05 Apr 11

Look to see if their is a driver update for your keyboard - it may just make a difference.

vassos 10:45 11 Apr 11
Answer

northunbria 61, I finally took your advice and bought a replacement keyboard from Amazon for around £21. Had to email a friend to sort out the release clips etc., but it is fine now. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…