Asus Blitz Formula compatible graphics card

Mort105 15:15 PM 10 Sep 11

My HD 2900 XT graphics card is no longer working and I need to replace it with a new card that's compatible with the Asus Blitz formula motherboard.

The computers almost 4 years old, and I'm not looking for anything to play games on - Just something to get the system running again to a reasonable standard.

The Blitz motherboard has 2 PCI-E x16 slots, but most of the graphics card seem to be PCI-2 2.0. I'm assuming that these won't work - does anyone know if thats the case and/or can you recommend a compatible card.

Thanks for any help,

Mort105 16:27 PM 10 Sep 11

The Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 looks good - but I think this is PCI 2.0. Will this work with the Asus Blitz motherboard?

gengiscant 08:24 AM 11 Sep 11

I think you are getting a little confused with PCI and PCI-E the PCI-e is the slot that a graphics card fits in to. The PCI,which can now be 1 or 2 is where a sound card or TV card will fit. Although there is a PCI-E 2 interface for graphics cards it is backwards compatible, so it does not matter if you buy a PCI-E 2 card it will work with your mobo.

If you are not a gamer then the HD 6670 will be fine for your needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know