Asus Aspire 4315 running slow

al's left peg 15:23 17 Jan 09

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help with this problem on my wife's laptop. It is the model mentioned in the title 1.73 Ghz 530 celeron, 80gb hard drive and 1gb Ram. Running Vista basic.
In "My Computer" It shows two hard drives. Named : Acer (C;) 3.98 gb free of 32.3 Gb and DATA (D;) 32.2gb free of 32.2gb.
I would hazard a guess that it is running so slow, because the C drive is nearly full. So could anyone tell me how to start using/saving stuff and possibly transfering to the D drive if that is possible?
Any help really appreciatted,
Regards,
Al

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:28 17 Jan 09

1. Software

a) Clear out all temporay files and folders -- use Crap Cleaner click here

b) Scan for malware spyware and viruses --Free Anti Spyware :-
Superantispyware click here
Malware removal tool click here

d) Pagefile (Virtual Memory) -- Rght click MY Computer - select propeties - Advanced tab - Performance - advanced tab - Virtual memory click change, you can put the page file on a different drive (if you have one), click custom size and set Initial size to one and a half times the amount of memory you have fitted i.e. 512MB memory = set to 768MB, set maximum to double your memory amount i.e. 512MB memory = 1024MB click ok.
If your hard drive is full and there is not enough room for the pagefile this can slow down, freeze or even cause the PC to crash (restart).

click here for how to move USer folders.

al's left peg 15:41 17 Jan 09

Thanks for the rapid response fruit bat. I will try what you have instructed, but leave the thread open for now.

Terry Brown 16:03 17 Jan 09

It is possible that the machine does not have enough processing power to run Vista, as with a 1.73 Ghz 530 celeron, is is barely enough to run XP efficently.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…