Asus A8V and Corsair memory

ddd3 21:05 03 Oct 05

According to the Asus website their A8V motherboard range has 4 memory slots capable of accepting 1 Gb of RAM each. That's 4Gb. But the Corsiar website only recommends Twinx matched 512Mb slices, which means that the 4 slots will only hold 2Gb. I've tried the Asus FAQs and I've tried writing to them but their contact form demands information that you can't give unless you actually own an A8V.

De Marcus™ 21:11 03 Oct 05

A lot of mobos purport to support this and do, however (as I discovered), large amounts of ram such as 4gb (why?) may well be supported but not at the fastest speeds, for example, to install 4gb of ram in 4 modules might mean that you can only install pc2700 ram, whereas installing 2gb (plenty) would probably run at pc3200 or faster.

GaT7 21:29 03 Oct 05

Download/view the A8V's PDF manual click here - it may have more info.

Some motherboards may not be compatible with certain memory, so the Corsair's info is probably the more accurate, especially if they've specified the A8V. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…