ASUS A8N-VM v MSI RS482-M

linoleumflump 21:39 29 Dec 05

Hi,

I recently bought a computer from Mesh that was supposed to have a :-
ASUS A8N-VM - Nforce 410 PCI-Express Mainboard - Micro ATX motherboard. in conjunction with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 0.09u Socket 939.

After running various systme info tools I believe I have the right processor but an MSI RS482-M motherboard. (it's got RS482-M written on it but none of the system diagnostics tools name a board manufacturer).

Two of the reasons I bought this PC were that the MB got good reviews and the general consensus was that it is easy to overclock and if things start grinding to a hault I should easily be able to increase the clock speed from 2GHz to 2.5.
Have I been ripped off or should I keep quiet and think myself lucky?

GaT7 00:24 30 Dec 05

It could be an ECS mobo click here. What other markings does it have?

Have you tried contacting Mesh about it? What Mesh model is the PC? G

GaT7 00:30 30 Dec 05

Have you tried Everest click here, to find out what mobo it is? G

007al 00:55 30 Dec 05

The RS482-M is an ATI chipset board that uses x300 graphics onboard.
The A8N-VM is Nvidia with 6100 graphics chip onboard.
There`s probably not a lot in it performance wise.
Dont know personaly how overclockable any of the boards are,but Asus and MSI usualy have a few options in bios to play with.You could ask why you were supplied with a different board.It`s probably something to do with supply,so they used board thats as good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…