asus a8n-sli premium blue screen

ttny55 11:48 11 May 08

can anybody please help me.
i have just put together a computer witha a asus a8n-sli premium motherboard with a amd athlon 3800+ processor. i have used my harddrives out of my other computer which has xp installed on it.
when i power up the computer i can access the bios but after the bios screen the screen goes blue flashes a message which doesn't stay long enough to read the restarts i have tried various different memory but to no avail has any one got any ideas?

wotbus@ 12:28 11 May 08

You need to install your OS onto one of the HDD's.
Although you have XP installed on one of the HDD's, effectively you have a "virgin" PC without an OS as your existing HDD doesn't recognize the new mobo.

Ashrich 13:18 11 May 08

As wotbus says , you have totally incorrect motherboard drivers loaded , the OS is looking for the old Motherboard , and when it can't find it , it sits down and gives you a huffy blue screen .

Do a repair installation of XP , and it should load basic M/B drivers , then you can load the proper ones from the disc that came with the board .

Ashley

ttny55 22:07 15 May 08

thankyou computer is now working

thanks again for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…