Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe no sound!

TicTacToc 21:08 11 Mar 06

I am getting no sound from my Logitech X230 speakers. My FP_Audio connector has nothing plugged into it so I think this it the problem.

The manual says 'connect one end of the front panel audio I/O module cable to this connector.'

What is the cable and where I would have it from?

If I havent done this in enough detail tell me, and I will expand.

Thanks for any help!

Storik 21:38 11 Mar 06

"I am getting no sound from my Logitech X230 speakers. My FP_Audio connector has nothing plugged into it so I think this it the problem."

Well, strangely, on my Asus A7V600-X the onboard sound works fine without audio cable to either the DVD-R or DVD-DROM drives.

Presumably the onboard sound is enabled in the BIOS and the drivers are installed? Does the Device Manager in Windows show any question marks against the sound devices?

If everything appears to be installed properly, perhaps the lead from the speakers to the sound card are wrong? Could try experimenting with them, I suppose.

Not sure if this will be of any help, but might prompt someone else to come up with a solution. :-)

Storic

wobblymike 21:39 11 Mar 06

before doing anything else go into control panel select Sounds and Audio devices, select the volume tag and confirm you have a sound driver installed (if so it will identify the type of sound system youbhave) if its greyed out no drivers are installed.

Storik 21:56 11 Mar 06

"What is the cable and where I would have it from?"

If your case has a front audio panel and/or front USB ports, there will be cables leading from these that need attaching to the motherboard. Your motherboard manual will tell you how.

Storic

fredhead40 22:00 11 Mar 06

Tic Tac Toe
Have you installed the drivers from the CD in the drivers menu, select 'realtek ALC850 Driver'
You also have to enable the on board sound in the bios. You a re looking for 'AC97 Audio' in the Advanced menu this should be set to 'Enabled'.

[The manual says 'connect one end of the front panel audio I/O module cable to this connector.']
I believe this refers to the extension sockets for the mic and headphone sockets on the front of the case.

Good luck
fred

TicTacToc 22:13 11 Mar 06

hmm. .

No the device manager shows no yellow question marks by audio or anything.

The drivers are installed and it is enabled in the bios.

It is not a sound card rather the ACL850 which is confusing my by coming up as AC97 in control panel> sounds and audio. AC97 is enabled and supposedly working it says.

I am confused with the cables. Surely there has to be something plugged in to theose audio ports. Storik - the manual just says: the quote above,' and calls it fp_audio. It also shows a picture of the socket. I cant find any cables from the rest of the case that plug into these sockets. ..

The speakers do defnitely work as I have tired them though my laptop . .

Storik 10:05 12 Mar 06

" - and calls it fp_audio."

Now I would suggest that "fp_audio" interprets as "front panel audio." If your case has no front connections for USB or Audio - then you will have no extra wires to attach to the motherboard.

It might help to uninstall your sound device and reinstall it from the Motherboard CD - but before you do this - check in the volumn control and make sure that nothing is "muted". If you have advanced control for play control, make sure the digital output only is not ticked.

I hope this will help :)

Storic

skaria 10:08 12 Mar 06

Just a suggestion

but i have ther smae mobo, and the speakers I bought with my dell, have clours on each of the wires, correspondingto the position theyused to fit in on my dell oc.

On the asus mobo, if Iplaced the qwires into their corresponding colours, they did not work. I had to change around the slots theyt went into by trial and error.

Hope this helps...

TicTacToc 12:46 12 Mar 06

well if it isnt related to not having a cable then I dont have a clue why this sound wont work.

I deleted all the drivers then reinstalled them. Before I reinstalled them my taskbar showed it had found new Audio codec stuff or something like that. I installed the drivers and I still have no sound.

Whenever I hover the lime green connector over the sockets the spearks make a loud interference humming kind of sound. When I put the connector in they make a loud noise then are silent.

Using the realtek souind manager thing (I closed it and cant remember how to get the £$£%$£% thing open again(. When plugged into the lime green socket it registered they were speakers and did not have a cross by them (in the audio sensoring) but it said they were not connected properly s there was nothing in the blue socket (there is not meant to be). When in the blue socket during the testing there was a little bit of sound of something and a lot of crackling. However there were two exclamation marks for the result andnothing sensored properly

Thanks for all the help everyone but this is sooo annoying. . how difficult can it be for me to just get these speakers work.

I read another thread that said something about jumpers, but I guess this is irrelevant?

All extra help is very mcuh appreciated.

Totally-braindead 12:52 12 Mar 06

I have the same board, three suggestions 1 check that the sound is enabled in the BIOS 2 beg borrow or steal another set of speakers or even a set of headphones and try them, that at least would tell you if its the PC or the speakers and 3 there should be a sound effect box loaded in your taskbar, double click it and make sure the speakers are enabled ( Speaker Configuration its called and you can test from here as well)

TicTacToc 18:26 12 Mar 06

hmm, I have read about jumpers. . is it anything to do with those?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5