Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with CRT?

Europa 19:53 02 Aug 05

Hello, I have a PC being built at the moment, they will be using the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, can I use my old CRT Mitsubishi Diamondtron with that motherboard?
I thank you in advance.

ade.h 20:49 02 Aug 05

I guess that it would depend on what graphics card (or cards in this case) you choose, Europa. If it/they have VGA output, then it will be fine, but I have seen quite a few PC-X graphics cards that only have dual DVI-I output. That said, it may not be a showstopper; I think it may be possible to get DVI to VGA adapters.

Europa 20:53 02 Aug 05

My graphics cards are 2 AOpen NVidia Aeolus GF 6600GT 128Mb in SLI configuration.

ade.h 21:02 02 Aug 05

I wouldn't be totally surprised to find that there is more than one version of that card; for example, one with VIVO and one without. So without knowing exactly what the spec is, I can't know for sure whether you can use a CRT. Most graphics cards still have VGA output, though. Just look for a rectangular male socket (VGA) which is often colour-coded blue, as opposed to a circular female socket (DVI or VIVO) which is usually black.

GaT7 21:40 02 Aug 05

Your graphics cards (especially if retail) should have a couple of DVI to VGA adapters (one in each pack). If they don't, the adapters are easily available. Can't guarantee 100% that they'll do the job, but definitely worth a go before you purchase a new monitor. G

Europa 22:01 02 Aug 05

ade.h, thanks for your help, I am not building my PC, someone else is, I'II have to contact them tomorrow to make sure that the cards they use is CRT compatible.
Cheers

ade.h 22:02 02 Aug 05

Happy to help. Enjoy your new-found graphics performance!

Europa 22:04 02 Aug 05

Sorry Crossbow7, I didn't see your input before my last post. Thanks to you too.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…