asus A8N-premium installation question

caro456 10:44 30 Mar 06

I am in the process of building my first pc, and have got as far as fitting the above motherboard into the case - Antec P180. The motherboard does support front panel audio, as does the case, but there are a couple of blue plastic covers over some of the pins I need to connect to on the motherboard. Are these jumpers? Can I just remove them? Does anyone know why they are there? The motherboard manual states there is only one jumper on the board to reset the CMOS, on the pic for front panel audio it does show the covered pins as shaded. Can anyone help me please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 30 Mar 06

blue plastic covers over some of the pins

These are jumpers

Are you sure you are trying to plug into the right position on the board?

leedsafc 18:28 30 Mar 06

I have the MB mentioned and although i don't use the front panel audio, looking at the manual it seems to imply that you only remove the caps when you are connecting the front panel audio leads. I don't think these are jumpers.

leedsafc 18:31 30 Mar 06

Apologies! These are jumper caps and should be removed only if connecting front panel audio leads.

surfsteruk 18:35 30 Mar 06

Audio Connector.

There should be a cable leading from the Front Audio Panel of the case and this cable will most likely be split into smaller pins click here

You have to match up the smaller pins to the relevant pins on the Mobo. 2 pins on the Mobo are blocked with blue tabs becuase its unlikely you'll have Lineout sockets. If you do then just remove the tabs.

caro456 19:44 30 Mar 06

leedsafc

thanks for your post, I have removed the caps now and plugged it in.

surfsteruk

now I understand why the caps were put on! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now