Asus A7V8X-X Boot problem HELP Please.

Giggle n' Bits 21:06 22 Dec 03

built my new pc with the following:-
Asus A7V8X-X KT400, 2x 256MB PC2700 333MHz DDR, Creative Blaster 5 FX5200 Ultra card whith onboard molex 4 power taken form PSU, CD Wrtr,DVD drive, XP Home, 333Watt Premier ATX, AMD Athlon XP2400 (2GHz) and regular/stable temp of 45'c or F.

I did post earlier but thing/problem slightly changed.

I have BIOS Rev.1006 and re-flashed the Rev.1006 as I got the known Boot problem that this update (Already on BIOS Chip) which was a freeze/hang at boot after the "plug n Play initialisation completed".

So now I dont get the hang at this plug n'play it hangs when it shows all the UDMA's for the drives, IRQs for the devices, its the page where it shows a full white text on black background in post boot what ever you call it.

I have Tested the HDD with IBM Diagnostic ok, when it does freeze/hang even though there is a - which blinks the HDD has the red activity light on perminant but when restart the boot by reset switch or CTRL-ALT-DEL it will go into XP ok.

A guy called Puctkin or similar said run Belarc, er ok, but I carn't see any reason for this but I will.

Does anyone know what i could try, could it be something in the BIOS settings, I wonder if Clearing the CMOS may cure it ?

Please help anyone .

Giggle n' Bits 21:31 22 Dec 03

click here

but I am now sifting through it to see if I can find a cure to the problem.

It seems to me that there are 2 or 3 diferent places in the boot process that this problem occurs.

Plug n' play, Asus Splash Screen or the next screen which I don't know what you call.

So any Asus A7V8X-X users any problems liek this please help.

Giggle n' Bits 22:42 22 Dec 03

Where is BSOD, and everyone ?

Gongoozler 10:50 23 Dec 03

Hi Debonair. I'm sorry to read that you're having so much trouble with the ASUS A7V8X-X. I recently fitted one as part of a computer rebuild for a friend, and found it one of the easiest motherboards to get started that I have ever worked with. I'm not sure what a 333Watt Premier ATX is, but I'm guessing that this is a 333Watt power supply. Looking at a Premier ATX case that I found via a Google search, this also looks like an economy model. I think that with the spec of your computer that an economy 350W supply may be a bit light. Try running your computer with only the necessary peripherals connected, removing all the IDE drives except the hard drive, and any PCI cards that you may have installed. If the computer then boots, it is almost certainly a power supply load problem. The computer rebuild that I did had an Athlon XP2000 and included a 450W supply click here.

Giggle n' Bits 11:02 23 Dec 03

The problem has changed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos