Asus A7V8X-MX or A7V8X-MX SE with a Duron 1.6GHz ?

Giggle n' Bits 23:26 22 Apr 04

Been looking at the Asus website and downloaded the manual for these 2 M/baord's the problem is the motherbaord says nothing about being able to run a Duron CPU even though it is a Socket A board are they compatible with Durons of say a 1.6GHz or 1.8GHz 266FSB

Anyone self built with this M/b and understand how to set the jumpers Dip things for a 1.6GHz or 1.8GHz 266FSB please

Again, no email alerts and I don't mind mails via my yettie icon.

temp003 11:22 23 Apr 04

The new Durons (FSB 266MHz) are just toned down versions of the Athlon XP Thoroughbreds - I think with a smaller L2 cache. The 1.6GHz and 1.8GHz Durons are made from the XP 1900+ and 2200+.

Motherboards which support those Athlon XPs can run these Durons - although the boards may not be able to detect the correct settings - you may have to do it manually.

Usually BIOS updates will add support to new CPUs. Check for BIOS updates for whichever motherboard you choose.

temp003 11:27 23 Apr 04

According to Asus site, for the MX-SE model, all BIOS versions support the Durons you have in mind.

For the MX model, BIOS versions 1005 and later support them.

click here and put in the motherboard model and you'll see.

Giggle n' Bits 23:30 23 Apr 04

Thanks temp003 got my motherboard today, I am use to jumplerless jobbies so expect a new posting ref how to set the dip switches in a day or two.

temp003 01:33 24 Apr 04

The diagrams are in the online manuals (Section 1.11 Switch and jumpers). Choose the diagram with CPU frequency 133.33MHz.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…