Asus A7V333 M/Board and Jumper setting Help Please

Giggle n' Bits 20:53 24 Feb 03

Going round checking my replacement Motherboards jumpers before fitting in the case and stuck on 1 jumper relating to Rom Setting (3 Pin ROMSIP).

The manual says the following but I am unsure on which to have this jumper. I want to use the BIOS to set up the CPU if possible. at begining of the A7V333 manual it sates all jumpers are in defualt postion but his one happens not to be set at defualt as like in manual.

The Details:-

ROM Setting (3 pin ROMSIP)
This jumper selects the source for data to set functional parameters for the CPU. The default jumper (2-3) enables the use of the BIOS to set CPU parameters. Resetting the jumper to (1-2), enables the use of preset ROM data from the chip.

Can someone please advise on if this jumper should be left on pins 1-2 or changed to the 2-3

BigMoFoT 21:01 24 Feb 03

Choose the default mate - I have the same board!

jazzypop 21:39 24 Feb 03

The jumper you refer to allows you to use the BIOS to overclock your processor. If you intend to do this, set it to 'Allow BIOS'. If you do not intend to overclock, leave it at 'Preset ROM'.

Giggle n' Bits 00:03 25 Feb 03

Sorry if I sounded a bit thick but why have the ROMSIP when its done with the Jen & Sys Clk ?.

Sorted and installing Win98Se now.

Giggle n' Bits 00:08 25 Feb 03

or using the CMI onboard Audio chip/drivers.
Or are you using the RAID board option?

I had dificulty with board 1 (This now the replacement) the CMI Audio was not in the bios as the manual stated for enable or disable, then the drivers wouldn't load correctly using the Asus driver CD.

cream. 00:12 25 Feb 03

Well done M8.

Psiman 06:51 25 Feb 03

Unless you are using RAID with your A7V333, disable the RAID_EN jumper as the factory default is enable.

Apologies if you have already done this. I had grand ideas to install a RAID setup, but as in many things I haven't got around it yet.

tenor 08:46 25 Feb 03

I dont trust raid.Its like the old union days.one out,all out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5