Asus A7V333 Boot Up Problem

Newuser4165 09:07 19 Aug 03

During bootup with this mobo the pc hangs after the memory check - it says OK.When pc is reset it always boots up correctly.
Can anyone offer a fix for this problem.
System : A7V333 with Athlon 1.6GHz and 512 MB DDR Ram - Award Medallion Bios Ver 6.0 - ACPI Bios Rev 1005
Operating system is Win XP Home - the only change made to the Bios is to disable/enable the boot virus check - currently it is enabled.

xania 09:54 19 Aug 03

After the memory test, POST next looks for the IDE connnections - HHD, CD, DVD. How far along this process do you get? I suspect that, as your PC warms up, something that was lose tightens up. Check all connections to your IDE drives - power in particular.

Also suggest that you reset the BIOS not to do the boot virus check to see if that solves the problem. If it does, check to see if you need to update your BIOS.

Newuser4165 10:15 19 Aug 03

xania - thanks for the reply.
There is a problem with the secondary ide channel at the moment - the winXP DMA bug - DVD rom drive is stuck in PIO mode but I didn't think that this would cause a problem at bootup as Windows hasn't loaded.
I'll try resetting the bios as you have suggested.

xania 10:18 19 Aug 03

Also disconnect that problem DVD and see how that affects matters. DO one thing at a time so as to isolate the problem, then off you go.

Happy hunting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…