Asus A7N8X nForce 2mainboard Dvd install problems

JINXED02 09:26 02 May 03

Recently I upgraded my system to a xp2500 barton and Asus A7N8X nForce 2mainboard, but when trying to add the components from my prior system ie: dvd,cd-rw problems starting occuring.

There was no initial problem with setup of mainboard or proccessor installation and I have 512mb k400, all the mainboard and other essential kit drivers have been downloaded and updated including the latest bios update.

But Here's the crunch..!, everytime I try to install my dvd or cd-rw my computer boots up then goes into standby mode..? weird...I've checked the bios settings over and over again and still I am left scratching my head, as the bios tells me that everything is ok and the config says the same but still the problem remains, to add to this asus.comtek support is useless in giving me any help.

MartinT-B 11:05 02 May 03

Asus Mobo help

AMD (Athlon) Forum for Asus click here

nForcers Asus Forum (for users of the nForce chipet) click here

When I built my PC (A7N8X Deluxe with XP Pro) the drivers (Samsung DVD, Plextor CDR-R/W) were loaded by XP and worked perfectly, in fact I barely saw the new hardware found info box :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…