//some 3rd party need geo

Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with onboard firewir

big rob 11:28 21 Mar 03

I have just built a new PC with the above motherboard which has onboard sound and onboard firewire. I have an AMD 2600XP FSB333 processor,
512Mb DDR 333MHZ RAM, 120GB partitioned HDD, an MSI GeForrce4 mx440-TD8X AGP graphics card, MSI 16X DVD Drive, and a Liteon 52X24X52 CDRW. I am also running Win XP Home SP1. I have also installed Pinnacle Studio Deluxe editing software and video capture card. However, 97 times out of 100 my onboard firewire is not recognised and has an exclamation mark beside it. There is no conflict with any other driver and also had the problem before I loaded the Pinnacle card. If I boot up in Safe Mode the onboard firewire boots up fine.

rupertpenjab 12:32 21 Mar 03

I would look at my IRQ's and determine if:
1)I have any left
2)my firewire was trying to share resources that 'don't share'. (eg: video, or Pinacle card)

start>programs>accessories>system tools>system information>resources>IRQ's

With the manufacturers turning out more 'feature filled' boards IRQ's are getting harder and harder to find. What you are looking for is a 'hardware conflict' rather than a 'software conflict'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…