ASUS A7N8X Deluxe drivers...

ptrafc 21:32 28 Jan 06

Today I had to reinstall Windows XP on my system due to a crashed system.
I have lost the drivers for my motherboard, but I managed to find some of them.
In my device manager the only ones left are
Ethernet Controller
SM Bus Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

There were 2 'Ethernet Controllers' but I managed to get 3COM driver for one of them, but it didn't work on the other.

Any guidance to the remaining driver will be much appreciated!

wobblymike 21:54 28 Jan 06

ptrafc
A couple of thoughts - why have you 2 Ethernet controllers? I wonder do you have one built into the mobo and a separate PCI card?
Why not get the driver over the net if you open up Add new hardware from control panel, you will see the device listed with a yellow exclamation mark next to it follow the wizard through and elect to search the net - that should do it.
The fact that USB controller shows up as not installed is perturbing XP should handle that without a problem - is this the mormal USB connections on the mobo or front mounted cable connected USB connections?

clayton 01:13 29 Jan 06

The ASUS A7N8X has Dual LAN Integrated 3Com and NVIDIA controllers, you can download drivers for this motherboard from here

click here

Skyver 01:15 29 Jan 06

Or NVidia NForce2 XP drivers click here

ptrafc 02:24 29 Jan 06

Thanx, it was the nVidia driver in Skyvers link that worked, it included drivers for all of the ?'s in the device manager as explained.
Thanx again.

ptrafc 02:26 29 Jan 06

Actually it was Clayton's link that I used, thanx m8.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…