Asus A7N266-VM problem

Totally-braindead 20:20 07 Jul 03

I've just built another system using the above board and it driving me nuts. DVD playback is terrible very jerky and then the system locks up. Games lock up almost immediatly and I'm really stuck. I'm using Win 98se on it and the drivers provided on the disk are not where the manual says they are, for example the audio drivers are meant to be in the file drivers\chipset\nvidia\103\win9XME and they're not, neither are the GeForce2 GPU drivers where the manual says they are, it tells me the drivers are both in the same file, that is the file which doesn't exist on the cd. And the MCP Mac driver is listed as being in the same place too and it isn't there either. I found a file listed under winME and it installed ok but I'm unsure if this is the correct driver, I think not as the computer keeps locking up. Has anyone out there got this board running Win 98se and are able to tell me which drivers to install. Thanks in advance

mac75 20:37 07 Jul 03

i built a pc with that same mobo for my grandson and had the same problems with the drivers for win98. so i re-formated and installed winME,it loaded the drivers automatically. the trouble he has now is it won't play some of his games.

jim.

Totally-braindead 20:53 07 Jul 03

Thanks for that Jim, its good to know that I'm not the only one to have probs with this board. There must be a solution though, can anyone else help?

Totally-braindead 23:21 07 Jul 03

refresh

User-312386 23:37 07 Jul 03

I have the same MOBO although run XP on it

The question is have you loaded the Asus Update Utility from the MOBO disc?

Have you insatlled the latest BIOS update?

madboy33

Totally-braindead 23:58 07 Jul 03

Thanks madboy 33 I'll go check it, perhaps will wait till tommorrow now as I'm sick of the sight of the damn thing at the moment. Thanks for your input anyway however it works out, I'll let you know.

Totally-braindead 15:09 10 Jul 03

Checked everything as well as updated the Bios and downloaded the latest drivers and it still locks up. I'm forced to conclude that Mac1 is correct, I can't get this board to run on Win98se either so I'm away to install XP on it, hopefully that will run perfectly.

User-312386 19:23 10 Jul 03

What about the temperature with the ASUS probe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…