Asus A7A266 M/B. Will it support USB2 ?

Nipsen 2 10:08 02 Dec 04

Although I have usb1 support & use it for various connections (scanner,adsl external modem etc. m/b 2 connections) I was thinking of adding a usb2 pci card to a spare slot, but after looking at my M/B book, I,m not sure if I can. Although there is an option to add more usb if required (using 2 x 10 pin headers) I can,t see any mention of USB2. Looked at various online companies (scan, PC World, can only find usb1 cards that use header connections) Although it is quite an old M/B I don,t want to change it just for a faster usb connection. Sorry to ramble on, hope somebody can help. Cheers Nipsen.

sicknote 11:01 02 Dec 04

Looking at the spec of board click here i would think the only way to get USB 2 is to add a USB2 PCI card

Nipsen 2 11:32 02 Dec 04

Thanks sicknote I will buy a pci usb2 card (£8)& try it, not the end of world if it does.nt work Thanks a lot Nipsen. I will leave the thread open & let you know.

Nipsen 2 18:58 02 Dec 04

Hi sicknote just to let you know its up & running, got a usb2 4 port hub from aldi(£9.99) as well Scan for the PCI card (£8.17p)Thanks again Nipsen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…