Asus A6000 Laptop wont Switch off ?

adz4321 12:46 25 Jan 08

Hi all first of all thanks to all the helpful people there are out there.
Right its my laptop no more than 1 year old asus a6,(hardly used) When I come to shut down I do the normal thing click Shut down from the start menu then select and click shut down again. The screen goes blank some lights remain on and you can still here the fan going as if it’s in hibernation or something. So then if you were to try “waking it up” , nothing the lights may flash and fans whirl but it will not turn on, so to turn it of (so it doesn’t overheat in my laptop bag) I have been holding down the off button for about 10 sec when its supposedly off and it turns off. Now to turn back on again I have to remove the battery every single time im guessing because it hadn’t shut down properly? Any help please? Oh when it is on the battery lasts a couple of hours at least so I don’t think it’s the battery.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 25 Jan 08

Maybe click here

adz4321 18:34 25 Jan 08

Sorry forgot to mention im on xp pro but still i found what you were talking about and it is set to shutdown also there is another tab which says hibernate in there you can enable/disable any hibernation which i did (disable) then shut down but still same thing happens! when i press esc after shutting down the cd tray ejects is this normal for a hibernating laptop? really wish it would pack it in its been doin my head in for ages! thanks Fruit Bat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…