//some 3rd party need geo

ASUS 6in1 Card Reader

ChewyDewy 13:34 14 Feb 03

I purchased a new PC from Carrera on the 20th December 2002. Since it arrived the ASUS 6in1 card reader has not worked. I have phoned Carrera and sent emails to their support line but with no satisfaction.

The bewildering thing is it all looks ok. The power is on and the card looks configured correctly in device manager, but when I insert the smart media card into the slot when I have windows explorer open - nothing happens. I have pushed the card into the slot as far as I dare without breaking the card - but nothing.

I have tried looking on the asus web site but found nothing referring to the card.

Spook Tooth 17:20 14 Feb 03

It will likely be that the reader (it's fitted in a spare 3.5" floppy drive bay?), isn't connected right?

Can you open the PC case and check to see it is correctly attached to motherboard - I think (if it is like mine), it will have taken two lots of USB connections (5 pins on each). Perhaps one set is not correctly fitted (the smart media etc card slots)? There may be downloadable fitting manual/instructions from the ASUS site mentioned, have a butchers at that, but be cautious of touching motherboard etc, without anti-static precautions.

(Basically the light will still be on if one set of USB connections is ok - it's receiving power - but the other pins passing the data through may not be. Hopefully, the leads won't all be separate but bundled and connected via the same 5/6pin connector.)

And, check also that USB is enabled - you may have more than one reference to this in Device Manager - you may also wish to check the BIOS as it can be set there also. If it shows okay, and you are confident no jumpers have been mis-set to USB disabled, then the former advice is relevant. Report back - someone will take it from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…