Asus 5224A cdr - can't flash firmware

j8hn 09:56 18 May 03

I'd like to upgrade my Asus 5224a, have dld l8st update 1.35 from their site.
I'm running XPpro, when i launch 1.35 I get the message "The supplied buffer is not valid for requested operation" ?!? so I click ok the prog carries on says "flash complete" then below that "Err:verifyNG!!"

I'm a total newbie to flashing so this has left me perplexed; but at least the writer's still working.

What am i doing wrong.

Many thanx in anticipation,

j8hn

User-312386 10:01 18 May 03

dont do it unless you know what you are doing

why do you want to flash?

j8hn 10:08 18 May 03

Its a very easy process; just download flash file from asus press go and it does it for you - or not in my case.

The Asus may be top recommendation in PCA but it has some quirks that the updated f/ware should help address.

cosi 11:01 25 Nov 03

Hi j8hn,

Did you any figure this out. i have had the same problem. Same set up as you. Like you say, at least the drive still works. Maybe I will stop trying, but I would like to get rid of some of the quirks too.

Now that I think about it, did you ever do the recommendation of switching off DMA mode & going to PIO. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. Is this drive not capable of DMA, as I cannot see it in the device manager.

By the way, does yours close easily by a fingertip press on the tray ? Mine does not. ALso it makes hell of a noise when its running full speed ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…