Astra Slim scanner driver

kimtrnc 07:56 07 Feb 07

After a hard drive crash, I could not find original disk for Umax Astraslim AS6000. Managed to download new driver from Umax, but apparently it also needs a file from the original. Any ideas, please?
TIA Kim

Diodorus Siculus 08:41 07 Feb 07

It is possible that it doesn't really need a file from the CD, just that it is looking in the wrong place. Did the driver come with any other files? When the installation routine requests the file, it may be possible to point it to where you have extracted the driver (assuming it came in a zip format).

Diodorus Siculus 08:42 07 Feb 07

Does it say what the name of the file is that it is seeking?

kimtrnc 08:51 07 Feb 07

Hello O Latin gentleman!

No it just says there is a problem with the twain driver not being in the windows directory.When I go into the twain directory, there is a file called Astr1200.exe. Running that brings up the front screen of the scan software, but immedaitely stops declating "open ds error" and the prog then freezes.
The twain 32 folder contains a file called wiawat.ds ansd also astr1200.ds

Diodorus Siculus 09:28 07 Feb 07

click here

Try this link if it works; if not, click here and then click here

The first link says:

Windows Twain version for AstraSlim

* Download (24.2 MB) for Windows 98/SE/Me/2000/XP

Changes to the drivers on the shipped cd: Windows XP support

Alternative Windows XP driver installation (smaller download file, size 2,25MB):

Please install the driver from the driver CD that shipped with the scanner first.

During the installation please ignore the WindowsXP logo compatibility warning and procced with the setup.The driver is fully Windows 2000 compatible and can be used without any limitation under WindowsXP. The warning means only that the driver was not tested for WinXP certificate by Microsoft itself.

To upgrade the Twain driver download the XP-Updater (2,25MB) and run it. After a re-boot, the system detects the scanner. For the final installation of the driver refer to the directory "c:\AstraSlimXP", where the Windows XP zertified driver has been unpacked.

kimtrnc 06:04 08 Feb 07

Yes, I had already downloaded that - that was the one which screwed up- but the problem is that it wants a file from the originaldisk,which I don't now have. I have contacted Umax,and maybe they will answer.I do appreciate your efforts to help me - really don't want to buy a new scanner just for a driver. Will keep trawling the driver sites, anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…