Associated Program

tonyq 10:27 10 Feb 07

Having had to re- download/install IE7, (could not view toolbars). When I now use the shortcuts to web sites that I have in the taskbar I am unable to, getting the following message.
“This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel”.
Please could someone explain how I go about doing this, I use both IE7&Firefox 2.0,having Firefox as my default browser, WinXP Home.

rawprawn 11:11 10 Feb 07

Delete them and replace them with new shortcuts, drag the icons from the address bar.

tonyq 12:41 10 Feb 07

Hi rawprawn,that works when the browser is open,but I used to be able to click the icon which would then open the browser on the selected site.

rawprawn 12:50 10 Feb 07

OK, drag the icon to your desktop.

tonyq 13:17 10 Feb 07

dragging icon onto the desktop gets the same result.
“This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel”.

rawprawn 13:21 10 Feb 07

OK, try this. Add the site to your favorites then drag the icon from your Favourites to your desktop

rawprawn 13:23 10 Feb 07

Also try this little program for keeping the proper icons

rawprawn 13:23 10 Feb 07
  rawprawn 13:24 10 Feb 07
  rawprawn 13:26 10 Feb 07
  VoG II 13:31 10 Feb 07

Try repairing file associations click here

HTML and URL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…