Assistance with Belkin Router

scp99 14:11 19 Jan 07

Hi,

I am having problems configuring my new adsl wireless router modem from Belkin.

The strange thing is I can set up the wireless network, able to browse the internet etc from my laptop, a bog standard HP, however I am limited to the sites that I can view in explorer [IE7].

Dynamic pages such as BBC no problem. However I need to be able to connect to my own ISP web site to use my webmail, either through outlook express or directly on the net.

The router clearly sees the web page as when I go to a cmd prompt and ping the web page in question - no problem. However when I try to browse to the site, the site cannot be displayed.

I have turned off all firewalls both in the router and on the laptop but it still cannot browse.

Have also reset all IE7 internet settings to default just to make sure i had not accidently added the website as a restricted site.

My old router a Draytek has no problems but I just cannot seem to get it [the new router] to work properly.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

howard64 20:00 20 Jan 07

the only time I had limited connectivity was when the mtu value was set wrongly but that was a peer to peer network not with a router.

postie24 20:05 20 Jan 07

Try reverting back to ie6 to see if its an issue with ie7

Postie24

Lomond 21:32 20 Jan 07

IE7 did not work well for me - try MOZILLA

Strawballs 21:53 20 Jan 07
  scp99 13:25 22 Jan 07

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Over the weekend tried again from scratch. With both laptops in the same room as the router the installation was fine. Though when the laptops were switched off and back on, couldn't connect to any web page.

Swapped back to my old draytek asdl router modem - though 3 1/2 years old - both laptops worked perfectly, 1st time. Coverage was also alot better than the Belkin. Will return to comet.

Will save my pennies until I can afford the new Draytek 2800 adsl router modem.

Once again thanks for everyone's help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…