Assigning a drive letter

Ray5776 16:57 05 Oct 05

Hello everyone,
This has to be an easy one for someone who knows.
Using Win 2000 Pro on pent four, have two hard drives C and F. F drive no longer shows in My computer. I can boot from it so it must be working
I have been told to assign it a drive letter but how do I do this, nothing seems to work. Drive is
NTFS set as slave. Any help appreciated.

Ray

woodchip 17:01 05 Oct 05

I now nothing about Win2000 but check Control Panel for Administrator. Look in there for it Under Disc Management. Or some such.

recap 17:02 05 Oct 05

Right-click a partition, logical drive, or volume, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do the following:
To assign a drive letter, click Add, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click OK.

To do this you need to be logged in as Administrator. You need to open Computer Management. To open Computer Management, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 05 Oct 05

click here

Windows 2000 and Windows XP

* Open the Disk Management console (diskmgmt.msc).
* Right-click on any drive, and select Change drive letter and path.
* Windows will let you know if the drive letter cannot be changed for some reason.

Ray5776 17:23 05 Oct 05

Thanks recap, tried what you said but no add option that I could find.

Ray5776 21:27 05 Oct 05

thanks fruitbat, i can find the drive ok in diskmgmt.msc. I right click and get the options, create volume,properties,help. None of which allow me assign a drive letter. Drive is called unallocated if that means anything.
Ray

woodchip 21:31 05 Oct 05

You click on the unallocated then give it a letter

Ray5776 22:07 05 Oct 05

How? right click or left click I cannot find this option. This is what I need to do I know but I seem to be unable to find the route to anything that will assign a drive letter.

Ray

De Marcus™ 22:15 05 Oct 05

right click on the drive in question and select 'change drive letter and paths' (do this in disk management console as previously recommended)

Ray5776 22:34 05 Oct 05

I do not get this option, I only get the options.
Create Volume
Revert To Basic Disk
Properties
Help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced