assigning a domain name to my web page

hi having succesfull uploaded my web page to my server (ntlworld)
how do i now assign a domain name to the page so people can type in www.__________ to view it.
i have bought a domain name but dont know how to assign ot to my page.
i used namowebeditor3 to build my page.

Sir Radfordin 17:02 09 Dec 03

This needs to be done via the people you bought the domain via - if you tell us who that was someone may be able to help.

Forum Editor 23:05 09 Dec 03

- the one that you bought - must be hosted on a server before you can run a web site on it. The server space that you are using at the moment will be that which is provided free by NTL acting as your ISP. That means that by default any site you upload will have the NTL users' reference as part of its url - homepage.ntlworld.com followed by your site name.

I'm not too familiar with the NTL system, and it's possible that they will host your domain for you. This would involve you in an anual fee for the hosting, but then you would be able to have your site on your own domain name. Otherwise you'll need to enter into a hosting agreement with one of the hundreds of hosting companies in the UK.

I suggest that you speak to NTL and find out what the situation is (and what they might charge you for hosting), and then come back here for further advice.

Jester2K II 11:52 10 Dec 03

Speak to the people you bought the Domain Name from.

I got my domain name from 1 & 1 and have the pages hosted by Blueyonder. In the 1 & 1 Control Panel it has a forwarding section where i put my REAL URL (my Blueyonder pages). Anyone typing in the paid for domain name is automatically forwarded to my Blueyonder pages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…