Assertion Failure----EEEEEYYYAAAAAAA!

warthog01 15:39 26 May 06

I know I'm not alone with this problem--there are a million references to similar situations everywhere, but as yet, not one that will help a novice fix it!!

Here's the deal. Virtually every time I crank up my trustee PC (Win XP Pro, Mozilla Firefox) I get the following error box:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
File: .\lists\.cpp
Line: 480

Expression:!(p==bodykwref.end())

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts [note--I've tried this--it's all programmer speak and I'm just a novice trying to get rid of the error!]

(Press retry to debug the application-JIT must be enabled) [This works--for 10 minutes or so]

Abort Button Retry Button Ignore Button

I assume it's got something to do with iexplore, so I've reinstalled a couple times--no joy.......

Someone must have a simple solution for this--could you pass it on, please?

Gongoozler 17:57 26 May 06

I'm guessing here, but I don't see how Internet Explorer can come up with a C++ error, so I suspect some badly written software is causing this problem, and the most frequent source of badly written software is spyware, adware and similar unwanted and uninvited rubbish. Try an online scan with Ewido click here

warthog01 21:42 31 May 06

Gongoozler

Many thanks--EWIDO found 105 unwelcome guests and that, along with a couple Hijack this suggestions from a guy in another forum seems to have solved the problem.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…