ASROCK K7S8X MOTHERBOARD

april8371 19:20 27 Nov 03

Just got the ASROCK K7S8X motherboard an AMD duron 900 and 32 MB graphics card built the pc and switched it on and the fan came on but no beep

I checked to make sure the memory is in place ok and that is fine also checked the graphics card was fitted properly and thats ok as well

The hard drive is maxtor dimond max 40gig and its been formated and windows xp home edition was installed on it.

DAG88 19:25 27 Nov 03

First check all the jumper pins are set correctly

Quiller. 19:29 27 Nov 03

You could also check the cmos jumper on the mother board. It is sometimes shiped in the clear position.

Trackrat 19:42 27 Nov 03

Just by the side of the cmos battery are two soldered joints short these out to reset the bios back to default

april8371 21:57 27 Nov 03

Have the P.C working now the hard drive cable had came loose on the mobo had a couple of hicups with the eithernet adapter and my modem i updated the driver for the eithernet adapter and unenstalled the modem driver and installed it again. The P.c is running windows xp and i have been for the last hour dialing onto the internet with no joy. My isp is blueyonder and i checked with them to see if they were having problems with the dial up i called my free phone number and they were no help they gave me the 50p a min to call number and we all know how long they keep you online for so i decided not to call the number. Do u know if blueyonder are having any trouble with there dial up so i can avoid calling the hotline.

rev.bem 22:48 27 Nov 03

I am using Blueyonder dial up no problems currently showing on the status page.

VoG II 22:52 27 Nov 03

Ditto - no probs on BY click here

april8371 23:06 27 Nov 03

Do u think there would be another reason why i cant get onto the internet using the dial up.

rev.bem 23:11 27 Nov 03

Are you using the new(ish) dial up number 179?

april8371 23:19 27 Nov 03

number i am using is the 0141 2361000 is this the wrong number my other computer i am on now before i had the broadband installed 3 weeks ago was dialing up with this number with no problem

rev.bem 23:22 27 Nov 03

Blueyonder dialup is now using 179 as a countrywide dialup number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…