Asrock K7s41

Terry Brown 20:11 15 Jul 05

I am looking to re-build my system using an Asrock K7S51 Motherboard and an athlon (Socket 462--'A')1800 processor and XP pro.I do not want to play high graphic games, just Music and Video editing (& of course the internet). Can anyone advise me as the reliabilty and performance of this Motherboard. --Thanks--Terry

leo49 23:00 15 Jul 05

It's very limited basic board - only 2 PCI slots for starters.I'd certainly spend just a few quid more and get something really decent and rock solid like

click here

igr 00:09 16 Jul 05

This is the board I have got and It more than meets my requirements. Its value for money. Just look at the spec- 400mhz DDR400 and I am running an AMD 3200xp. Simple to build and tweek.on board graphics, 5.1 sound, AMR (modem), 2.0 USBs and Lan. I use an AGP card, but have no idea what I could put in the PCI slots that would be of any practical use (maybe a proper modem for faxing)- peripherals can all slot into the USB slots .

Derek 06:06 16 Jul 05

Rock has a good reputation and should fulfill your requirements. Go ahead but buy your bits all from one supplier and state that are to be used together. You shouldn't want any more than 512 mem either, and probably less than that. Don't pay over the moon for a Graphics card either.

Derek 06:13 16 Jul 05

click here

Try here I use them for most things.

Derek 06:13 16 Jul 05

click here

Try here I use them for most things.

Terry Brown 12:03 16 Jul 05

Thanks all, My local shop has the board + memory (512 mb) on special at £55, complete with all drivers.
Going there on monday (shut Saturday)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…