Aspire L5100 RAM and BIOS Upgrade

wky 19:59 18 Aug 09

click here

Hi all,

The above thread has the same problem as me. My sister has an Acer Aspire L5100 and I ordered two sticks of 2GB for the computer.

Both sticks work fine, but if I put both sticks in then the PC doesn't seem to post. I put one of the old 512 sticks plus a 2GB stick in making total of 2.5gb and it posted. So the 2gb maximum for mainboard seems not to be true.

I had trouble getting into bios as well, but after resetting cmos, I could get in via pressing del.

Now there is a bios upgrade for this computer which I downloaded off the acer website, it's build R02_A1 I think, it comes with a winflash utility and a .bin file. I think flashing the bios will solve the problem.

The only problem is I cannot flash the bios. I load up the winflash utility and click on update bios, select the correct bios (.bin file) and after a few seconds it says "please select correct bios".

Can anyone give me an idea how else I can flash the bios .bin file. I have tried all avenues.

Thanks

wky 14:06 19 Aug 09

?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced