aspire 5715z xp pro graphics driver;cant find one

Jwbjnwolf 16:53 13 Jan 11
Answered

have xp on my acer aspire 5715z at last.(managed to find a cd from a second hand shop local to us which we know quite local.
They said that if any probs, more than welcome to bring it back,
I got my neighbor to install it and look to see if can find the thing that was making it over-heat. But he said that he must of been using it for a while to get it fit for purpose for me in which he said that it was fine, no problems what so ever. Yepi!
only trouble is got no sound due to it not installing my sound card driver (in which have easily found across the Internet)
click here
so that should be straight forward to sort out.

The thing that need help with is giving me a link to a driver for my graphics card.
Unless it is there on the site but what is the download name of the graphics driver file i need?

GaT7 17:45 13 Jan 11

Do you know what Intel onboard graphics it has exactly? Run the free version of SIW click here to find out. Then download them from click here.

Or, you could right-click the graphics-related problem entry in Device & choose 'Update Drivers...', select 'Yes, this time only' & follow the wizard to completion.

More drivers & applications for your model at click here - they are probably primarily for Vista (as the laptop was pre-installed with it), but some may be useful to you & work in XP. G

Jwbjnwolf 11:14 16 Jan 11

I could not find any other way of finding my needed drivers except using a free version of DriverMax. I managed to sort out the sound now and have changed the windows startup and shutdown ssound to win95 one.
But i have come across alot of places that say DriverMax pro is a scam and that it does more damage than any good.
I just want to make sure that it is alright especially if use the digitally signed drivers before I proceed with installing the drivers for my display.

GaT7 12:54 16 Jan 11

What did SIW say regarding the GPU?

You could also visit Windows Update click here & do a Custom scan. Once complete, click 'Hardware, Optional' in the left column.

If you want to try the drivers you have, set a System Restore (SR) point before installing them. If there's a problem on reboot, you could just use SR to go back. G

Jwbjnwolf 16:25 16 Jan 11

click here
i decided to google search them as did not really want to proceed with it. found the drivers i need and have now uninstalled it.
I will use drivermax again if happens again but only to track down what ones i need.
Just hope can play games on it now.

those other links said that it were either not a valid 32bit application or unsupported os.

I want to ask another query but will start a new topic and post a lin from here as it is slightly different topic.

Jwbjnwolf 16:37 16 Jan 11
Answer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…