asp files

Digital 16:20 23 Jun 03

How do I open an .asp file? When I try to open it I get Open with..., double-clicking gets same.

JoeC 16:47 23 Jun 03
  Digital 17:58 23 Jun 03

Thanks JoeC but the link didn't tell me what I needed to know. Now I look closely the file in question is .exe.asp. It comes from a reliable source recommended by Crucial (it's a memory tester. DocMemory I think).
The instructions are just to execute it but it won't 'cos I can't open it!

JoeC 18:01 23 Jun 03

a link for it and I will download it to have a look.

Valvegrid 18:04 23 Jun 03

Did you download this from the Crucial site or was it sent to you? The point I'm making is I think you should run your A/V on it.

Valvegrid 18:05 23 Jun 03

You thinking the same as me?

JoeC 18:07 23 Jun 03

My thoughts exactly !! A file extension of .exe.asp has me wondering - that is why I was looking for a link to it. I already visited the Crucial site to see what was there but could not find anytghing.

Valvegrid 18:09 23 Jun 03

Two minds think alike, I did the same :-)

It'll be interesting when Digital comes back.

Digital 19:31 23 Jun 03

Hi folks, yes I did wonder about the double extension but AVG says it's OK; maybe someone else can run another AV checker on the files. The site, given me by Crucial support, is click here. Look for DocMemory download & the two relevant files are v1.45a and v2.0. I did e-mail Simmtester but they've not come back yet.

JoeC 20:15 23 Jun 03

I have been to the link given by you then onto the website to download DocMemory. Both downloads came out as .exe files and not .exe.asp files. Something is not right here and I suggest downloading again.

Digital 20:51 23 Jun 03

I tried again but Netscape insists on adding .asp to the file as it saves it. Very strange, it's never done that before! An e-mail suggested it was a zip file but without a zip extension WinZip ain't inteested. Ho hom...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…