asmiHwlo Cannot understand ?

Derek 06:35 27 Jul 03

Using XP pro. When I boot up I eventually get a box which says "asmiHwlo" "Can't execute driver service" I click the box OK and then get a further box which says "AsGetDmi Can't load .dll" I clear this box and carry on working.

Any help would be appreciated. Kindest regards Derek.

y_not 07:57 27 Jul 03

Assuming you have an Asus mainboard you could try the download from click here I'm not bright enough to say that this will solve the problem but its the only reference I can find to your problem.

If you do download it be sure to virus scan it before opening - I have no idea about the source.

Don't mean to scare anyone - just beleive in "safety first"

-pops- 07:58 27 Jul 03

The files are available from click here but I'm not sure of the wisdom of installing them - it may cause more problems than it cures.

I may be better to do a repair. Give the people with more knowledge time to get up and see what they recommend!;-))

Brian

jazzypop 09:40 27 Jul 03

Your problem seems to be caused by the Asus Probe utility. Many people are having this problem (see click here ).

Your options seem to be limited to uninstalling PC Probe, or learning to live with the error boxes. I suspect that a primary cause is poor code from Asus, as the most common time that the software fails is when people try to start 'Limited' rather than 'Administrator' accounts.

A suggestion that may work for you is at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…