asks me for password, others dont, whats enabled?

sam2004 20:14 04 Apr 05

Hi, i have recently put a computer on my home network and it asks me for a password to access another computer. All the other computers dont ask me for this password.

It prompts me for it when i go to: Network Neighbourhood> entire network> MShome> computer2

it says it wants the network password. How do i disable the network password prompt on computer2? (I have a administrator account on computer2)

Any help please??
Thanks in advance

gregsickle 20:26 04 Apr 05

If the files you are trying to access are password protected, make sure that the account you are logged onto has the same password as the one set for these files. If you are not sure if they are password protected, go to the host computer (the computer sharing the files) open up the sharing properties dialogue box (right click) and it should tell you in there. The only other possibility is if the files you are trying to access are on another domain. In windows xp, if you click on the folder it should prompt you for a password and username. If the domain the files on are MSDOMAIN and your user name is sam, you would type MSDOMAIN\sam and then your domain password.

sam2004 20:45 04 Apr 05

i have just found out that the password i need is for the shared resource "IPC$" it wont let me do any remote work from that computer without this password. I have tried re-setting the admin password but that has not helped.

Please help anyone?!?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…